Funded by the Bone Cancer Research Trust
2009 - Click on the titles for a description of the research
- Dr Paul Genever, University of York (£28,315)
Analysis of 3D mesenchymal stem cell-induced cytotoxicity in osteosarcoma and Ewing's sarcoma cell lines.
- Professor Susan Burchill, St James's University Hospital, Leeds (£38,212)
Overcoming the challenges of studying telomerase biology in clinical samples; towards understanding tumour heterogeneity, telomerase and clinical significance in ESFT.
- Dr Teresa Coughlan, University of Nottingham (£48,199)
Targeting gene therapy to primary bone cancers using novel delivery of RNA interference by attenuated bacteria
- Dr John Anderson, Unit of Molecular Haematology and Cancer Biology, Institute of Child Health, London (£17,500)
Investigation of functional inhibition of STAT3 in Ewing sarcoma family of tumours
- Professor Nicola Curtin and Dr Evan Mulligan, University of Newcastle (£29,595)
Assessment of the PARP inhibitor AG-014699 as a chemo-potentiating agent and novel therapy in Ewing's sarcoma.
2008 - Click on the titles for a description of the research
- Professor Jillian Birch, University of Manchester (£47,555)
A pilot Study of the aetiology and genetics of bone tumours in children, teenagers and young adults.
2007 - Click on the titles for a description of the research
- Professor Adrienne Flanagan, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Middlesex (£28,800)
Cancer stem cells in Osteosarcoma: potential for development of new prognostic markers and treatment.
A A A